Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Don't Repeal Health Care Reform

Last week I received a document from my health insurance company about "important changes" to my policy in 2011. Most of the changes fell under the heading "revisions to your benefits due to the recent passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act."

My life time maximum is changed from $5 million to an umlimited amount.

My mental health coverage is changed from $10,000 (without a period of time given) to unlimited lifetime coverage. (Imagine how fast you could burn through $10,000 even if that was an annual amount.)

My children (if I had any) are covered up to age 26.

I don't have to worry about pre-existing conditions.

I don't have to worry about them cancelling my coverage when I get ill--they can cancel only if I don't pay my premium or if I'm abusive to an "in network provider."

How incredibly ignorant of the American people to buy the Republican lies about this legislation. All of these changes are to protect me and my family, and to prevent the worst insurance industry abuses. Wake up America!

No comments:

Post a Comment